Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Elizabethtown smart home
At the heart of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a single unified system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in full control of your Elizabethtown home’s security and automation. Learn more about how it can benefit you and explore tips to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Elizabethtown do for you?
Wirelessly coupling to sensors and other implements through radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You may arm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. When adding a video doorbell, you may even speak to someone standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub features cellular capability and a backup battery to ensure reliable performance. It also provides total remote access and control with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Check live or recorded video streams from your integrated cameras
- Arm and disarm your system
- Toggle lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Elizabethtown by implementing schedules or initiating rules. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a particular time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your front door unlock when the smoke detector trips.
Tips for arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s straightforward - just adhere to these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will remain in the home and arms all devices except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be away, and each sensor in the home will arm.
- To disarm, just slide down the shield icon and type in your PIN.
The home screen will display a message if the system isn’t ready to arm. For instance, an open door will urge you to act. Keep in mind that you are still able to arm the security system by following the instructions above. You will then have to verify that you would like to bypass the sensor in question.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Elizabethtown
Even though various users can be entered during the initial installation, you will likely want to add or remove a user in the future. Here’s how to do it.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right of the main screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Press “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and press the Next button.
- If you would like to give the user remote capability, select phone or email and submit the details to dispatch an request.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, simply go to the menu, tap users, choose the user you want to get rid of, and then press “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Do you want to take control of your home’s security and automation with an easy-to-operate touchscreen dashboard? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Elizabethtown smart home. Dial (270) 550-1814 to get started.