What should you do if your Elizabethtown home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your residence – and your family – against the multitude of risks you could experience, like burglary, flooding, and fire. Although your home might be ready, that doesn’t mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Elizabethtown home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm is likely to be startling, confusing, and may provoke panic. Your best option is to stay calm and abide by these easy tips.
Steps to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Elizabethtown Sounds
Nobody wants to be in this predicament, but it’s also why you installed a home alarm system in the first place. You’re roused from a deep sleep with the distinct blasting of an alarm after a home security component has been tripped. What is your next move?
- Stay calm. This is easy to say but harder to do when your home security alarm is blasting, and your heart is racing. But keeping a cool head is the best way to appraise what is happening. Avoid the urge of trying to handle the emergency yourself but instead permit your monitoring agents and first responders to perform their job.
- Take care of your loved ones. Your main focus should be your loved ones and leading them out of harm’s way. If you are dealing with a burglary, this might include moving to a predetermined safe room as far from access points as possible. The trespasser was in all likelihood already turned away by the alarm, but it’s always a good idea to be extra careful. If there’s smoke or a blaze, please leave your home right away.
- Remember your smartphone. The vast majority of people keep their smartphones with them all the time these days, but you might fail to grab it during an urgent situation. Try to remember it. You’ll have the chance to stay connected with your monitoring experts and get updates through your home security app.
Work With Your 24-hour Monitoring Agents
Whenever your home alarm system in Elizabethtown goes off, your 24/7 monitoring specialists will instantly act. Their first move is to validate your alarm, and that means reaching out to you. The protocol they adhere to depends on the type of emergency. To illustrate, if the emergency is due to a medical situation, a single effort will be made to get in touch with you before assistance is deployed. In the event of an intrusion - the most frequent sort of alarm - a monitoring agent will adhere to these steps to get in touch with you:
- An attempt will be made to reach you via the central command panel. You will typically be asked for a passcode.
- If that doesn’t prompt a reply, a call is made to your main contact number.
- A second number or your first contact person is tried next.
- If you still can’t be reached, area police officers are sent.
- Your monitoring specialists will attempt to reach you again once emergency personnel are contacted.
If you're not in a situation where you can interact with monitoring agents, don’t fret. Support will still be sent even if you're unable to confirm the emergency.
Get prepared for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Elizabethtown
Be prepared for any situation with a modern home alarm system in Elizabethtown from Vivint. Contact (270) 550-1814 to start the customization of your home’s protection today.